- Nick Kypreos: As many as seven teams could be interested in Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy. They Blackhawks are looking for a prospect in return.
- Jamal Mayers: The Blackhawks would prefer to move Johnny Oduya.
- Mark Lazerus: Understand the reasons of why trading Nick Leddy makes sense for the Blackhawks, but Lazerus wouldn’t trade Leddy.
- David Pagnotta: The Ducks are interested in Marc Methot, but a deal is not close. If the Senators decide to move him, and the Ducks are still looking to add a defenseman, they’ll revisit talks.
- Rich Chere: Ryan Carter isn’t optimistic that he’ll be offered a contract by the Devils.
- Steve Gorten: Panthers GM Dale Tallon said he’ll speak with Shane O’Brien’s agent about a getting a contract done.
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “If they think that he’s really not that far off then the Marlies are the best course for him.” … “With Marlies he’s in Toronto & you can keep track of his conditioning & nutrition & most importantly getting accustomed to NA ice” … “If they don’t think he’s physically mature than Sweden may be better b/c the AHL is every bit if not more physical than the NHL”
- Chris Nichols of Nichols on Hockey: Darren Dreger on TSN 1050 on the Flames talking about adding a defenseman.
“Like, stay in that theme. I don’t know. I’m confused by the direction of the Calgary Flames. They keep talking about adding a defenceman to improve their blueline. I don’t know if that’s just a sales pitch to keep the market hungry or not, but – to your point Mike – I think they might surprise some teams who take them lightly this year, but they shouldn’t if they want to stay on the path of adding players through the draft and getting better long term.”