- Conor Ryan: Hall was skating on a line with Charlie Coyle and Tyler Bertuzzi.
- Ty Anderson: Hall: “There’s still some steps and conversations I have to have before I’m fully playing. We’ll know that by morning.”
- Joe Haggerty: Krejci is questionable for tonight against the Maple Leafs.
- Michael Russo: One of Nyquist or Kaprizov could return on Saturday against the St. Louis Blues. Neither player would play in back-to-back games next week.
Forward Kirby Dach has been out for a week with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Alex Romanov is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
Dan Rosen: New York Rangers forward Patrick Kane missed last night’s game with a lower-body injury. Coach Gerard Gallant said it was more about maintenance and that if it were a playoff game, he’d be in. They are just being cautious.
Trouba down the tunnel after this awkward hit from Perry pic.twitter.com/f0Wu1iBOHl
— Spittin’ Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) April 6, 2023
Forward Evgeny Svechnikov returned to the lineup after being out of the lineup with a lower-body injury since March 16th.
Forward Andreas Johnsson has been out since March 20th when he blocked a shot, and isn’t skating.
“Obviously, with each passing day now, a little more than a week to go, it’s gonna be hard for these guys to get back without skating already,” Quinn acknowledged about Johnsson.
“He needed to heal up a little bit, and I think he’s good today,” St. Louis coach Craig Berube said Wednesday. “He says he’s ready to go, but you’ve got to wake up and see how you feel tomorrow too, but I think he’ll be good.”
Blues coach Berube said that Thomas won’t play tonight. Scandella is done for the seaosn.
- Mark Masters: O’Reilly was skating with the bottom-six forwards.
- Elliotte Friedman: O’Reilly said “it looks like I’m going to play” against the Bruins tonight.
“Right now it’s going to be a day-to-day thing in terms of sorting through exactly where he’s at and what the time frame might be,” Toronto coach Sheldon Keefe said Tuesday. “It will be difficult to put any real timeline on it until we give him more time to settle.
“He’s got a head injury, so we will have to see where that is. He’s got some other stuff as well, but it will have to be a take it a day at a time in terms of seeing really where he’s at.”