In and out of COVID protocol
Chip Alexander: Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour said that forward Jordan Martinook has been cleared to return. Brind’Amour said that defensemen Brett Pesce and Anthony DeAngelo have no symptoms.
TSN: Chris Johnston on Detroit Red Wings Tyler Bertuzzi, who is suspended without pay after testing positive for COVID, is the only unvaccinated NHL player and is subject to suspension without pay when he’s out because of it.
“In the case of Tyler Bertuzzi, that would be forfeiting a little bit more than $20,000 per day in salary. He is expected to be out at least 10 days while in COVID-19 protocol.
And this isn’t entirely new for him. He hasn’t been able to travel into Canada with the Red Wings this year and on those days that the Wings have been in Canada he’s been suspended without pay and not getting paid those days.”
Hamonic loaned to AHL again
Clague to waivers
Kale Clague is on waivers you say? He has a nearly identical progression to Brian Campbell. Dmen take forever to hit. Campbell made the NHL right around this same equivalent period in Clague’s development. A team should claim him. Could be something there. pic.twitter.com/OY2T92UxOd
— Byron Bader (@ByronMBader) December 3, 2021
Jeff Gorton’s press conference
Pierre LeBrun: Notes from Jeff Gorton’s press conference.
- What’s to learn more about the team before sharing his roster vision.
- He’ll be open-minded about the next GM but deflected Patrick Roy questions.
- Believe that all hockey decisions end with him.
- Will build out player development and analytics staff.
- No rush to hire a GM and will be after Christmas.
- Dominique Ducharme will be their coach for the remainder of the season.