- Nicholas Goss of NESN: Bruins David Krejci didn’t practice yesterday. Patrice Bergeron had a maintenance day. Defenseman David Warsofsky suffered an injury on Thursday night, but no details were given.
“I know he’s out for a while,” Julien said. “I don’t know how long.”
Torey Krug (broken finger) practiced yesterday.
“It’s doing well, it’s coming along nicely,” Krug said of his injured finger. “I made some good progress the last couple of days. It’s great to be back on the ice with my teammates and competing. It’s feeling better, that’s for sure. … It’s a freak accident, you get slashed all the time. (The slash) caught me in the perfect spot.”
- Tim Panaccio: Indications are that Braydon Coburn will return today against the Avalanche. A decision will be made at their morning skate. After tonight’s game, the Flyers don’t play again until next Friday, so there is no rush to bring him back.
- Mike Heika: Stars Cody Eakin (upper-body) will probably be out today, same goes for Valeri Nichushkin who is dealing with soreness.
- Aaron Portzline: Not official, but the target date for Blue Jackets Brandon Dubinsky (abdominal surgery) is November 18th against the Red Wings.
- Rich Chere of NJ.com: Devils Ryane Clowe left in the first period of Thursday’s game with three separate injuries, with the most serious being the hit to the side of his head.
“He got hit with a stick and got his nose stitched. He then got hit with an elbow and got his chin stitched,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said. “Then he got hit again on the side of the head, so we held him.
“He was checked after and the doctors recommended he not go back in. He is with us. He flew with us (from St. Louis to Detroit). He can fly. He will not be playing tonight and, because of his past history, we’ll get him re-evaluated when we get home.”
Clowe had two concussions last season, and this could be the fourth of his career.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Blues T.J. Oshie is on the IR with a concussion and he’s not close to returning.
“Osh showed up today — and left,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “He came for a visit, so that’s a good sign. He’s out, he’s walking around, there’s a sighting … but he’s nowhere near getting close to playing.”
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Cam Fowler (lower-body) left last night’s game and is day-to-day. Will be evaluated today.
- Gregg Krupa: Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk was a late scratch last night with a groin issue.
- Iain MacIntrye: Canucks Radim Vrbata suffered a lower-body injury against the Sharks. He finished the game.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers said that defenseman Dan Boyle’s (right hand) realistic return is sometime “next week.”
- Lisa Dillman: Kings Justin Williams thinks that he’ll be able to go today.
- George Richards: Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said that Jonathan Huberdeau should be in the lineup against the Flames.
- Michael Russo: Sounding like there is a good chance that defenseman Keith Ballard could be back in the lineup.
- Jameson Olive: Panthers Brandon Pirri (concussion) watched practice today.
- Roger Millions: Flames Joe Colborne had his wrist brace removed yesterday.