- David Pagnotta: Update last night on Slava Voynov situation: “ I just spoke with a member of RB Police Dept. As of now, the matter was presented to the DA and the matter is still being followed up. They have not made a decision as of yet, with respect to filing charges against Voynov, the matter is “still pending.” A decision will be made any time between now and the Dec. 1 court date.”
- Nick Cotsonika: Voynov’s lawyer to THN’s Ken Campbell: “Mr. Voynov never hit the woman. This is really just a pure accident.”
- Pierre LeBrun: Charlie Coyle’s contract extension with the Wild: 2015-16 $1.9 million; 2016-17 $2.6 million; 2017-18 $3.5 million; 2018-19 $3.75 million; 2019-20 $4.25 million.
- Stephen Lorenzo: The Islanders put Colin McDonald on waivers.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes Eric Staal was on the ice in a no-contact jersey yesterday.
“It’s day-by-day,” he said after skating with the team on Wednesday in Calgary. “It’s no fun watching, but it is what it is.”
Staal could return to the lineup next Tuesday.
“That’s what we’re shooting for,” Peters said. “There’s no contact yet, so we’ll see. There’s time, and time is on his side. We don’t play in Vancouver until Tuesday, and we’d love to have him.”
- Adrian Dater: Avs defenseman Ryan Wilson will be out two to three weeks with a shoulder surgery.
- Chuck Gormley: Capitals John Erskine had surgery to repair a disc in his neck.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Stefan Noesen tore his Achilles after being cut by an opponents skate on Saturday.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets forward Adam Cracknell will make his debut on tonight.
- Jon Rosen: Kings Jake Muzzin will return to the lineup tonight.
- Mike Heika: Stars Valeri Nichushkin (groin/hip) and Sergei Gonchar (ankle) won’t play in their next two games.
- Scott King: Blackhawks Corey Crawford won’t be on the road this week.
- Daniel Friedman: Islanders Mikhail Grabovski was put on the IR, opening a roster spot for Lubomir Visnovsky.
- Lou Korac: Blues Alex Steen is one of five to six players with the flu.
- Rich Chere: Devils Jordin Tootoo missed practice yesterday to get x-rays done on his foot.