- Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic: Coyotes Mikkel Boedker’s two-year, $5.1 million contact will be up after this season. The Coyotes and Boedker’s agent Jarrett Bousquet have held some talks, but if they can’t agree on an extension before the start of the season, they’ll table talks until the season is over.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Hopes of Mike Babcock signing a contract extension with the Red Wings before the start of the season appear to be fading.
“Sometimes negotiations take a week, sometimes a month, sometimes they take 4-5 months,” Holland said.
“We both agreed our talks should be private,” Holland said. “I don’t know that there should be a Mike Babcock watch. We want focus to be on the team.”
Babcock makes around $2 million a season and money is not expected to be an issue. Babcock may be looking at his options to win in the near future.
- Ken Campbell: Both Ryan Johansen and the Blue Jackets are entrenched in their positions, with movement being “glacial.”
- Andy Strickland: Source saying talks between the Blue Jackets and Johansen are only focused on a short-term deal.
- Pierre LeBrun: Jarrett Bousquet, Brenden Dillon’s agent, “had some good talks” with Stars GM Jim Nill yesterday. He wouldn’t add anything more than that.
- Pierre LeBrun: Martin Brodeur is still waiting patiently for one more opportunity.
- Ted Kulfan: A Daniel Alfredsson decision could drag on into the regular season.