On the Montreal Canadiens …
- Ken Campbell: How much longer can this go on for the Canadiens? Michel Therrien is not problem, but he clearly doesn’t the answers right now.
- Platinum Seat Ghosts: Pierre LeBrun said that Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin had been trying to trade Jarred Tinordi for a year and a hald. LeBrun added: “It was the first offer he (Bergevin) got all year.”
On the Vancouver Canucks …
- Brad Zimmer: Brandon Prust’s agent, Claude Lemieux, said that he’s talked to Canucks GM Jim Benning, but didn’t request a trade. Lemieux did say that if the situation continues, he expects that the Canucks will trade Prust before the trade deadline.
- Brad Zimmer: Brandon Prust on the trade speculation: “I don’t want to go there. I am here, I am a Vancouver Canuck and I am going to come in and work hard every day”
- Chris Nichols of Today’s Slapshot: Bob McKenzie on TSN 1040 on the Canucks and if there would be interest in Dan Hamhuis.
“I think there’s two factors at work here. How eager will the Canucks be to trade him. If him and Vrbata are the two wildcard UFAs at the end of the year – where in a perfect world Vancouver would say, ‘Yeah, you should trade these guys’ – because if they want to continue to get younger, they need to get the assets they would get for them at the trade deadline.
“So that’s going to be a balancing act that Jim Benning and Trevor Linden are going to have to sort out as we get closer to the deadline… (related to) where they are in the standings and how close to a playoff spot or how far out of a playoff spot they may be.
“As for Hamhuis himself, I’ve got to believe there would be significant interest in a healthy Dan Hamhuis. But people are going to want to see how he comes back from this after the break.”