- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Blackhawks, Canadiens and Bruins would be interested in Antoine Vermette. He’ll get $6 million plus on the open market. Keith Yandle will be looking for a big raise from his current $5.25 million cap hit. The Stars, Ducks, Red Wings and Canucks may be interested in Yandle. Zbynek Michalek and Martin Erat are expected to be moved as wellThe Leafs will have options if they want to trade Phil Kessel. Question is if GM Dave Nonis would trade him at the deadline or wait until the offseason? Will Nonis be the GM in the offseason?
Panthers GM Dale Tallon is trying to move some contracts, and may be looking to add a piece or two to keep in the playoff race. Doesn’t mean that pending UFA Brad Boyes is off the trade market.
The Wild didn’t really want to trade for a goalie, but didn’t really have much choice. They are seeing what the trade market is like for Ryan Carter, Kyle Brodziak and Nate Prosser, and it’s pretty thin.
The Senators won’t move Craig Anderson.
Teams are being told by Oilers GM Craig MacTavish that he doesn’t want to do much.
Nobody has been interested in Sabres Drew Stafford.
Stars Erik Cole could become an option for some teams.
- Mike Johnston of Sportsnet: Nick Kypreos said that the Avalanche trading Ryan O’Reilly is possible. It would require a big package for him. Five potential trade destinations and potential trade chips.1. Flames – Kris Russell, Dennis Wideman, Joe Colborne, Mikael Backlund, Tyler Wotherspoon
2. Maple Leafs – Jake Gardiner, Cody Franson, Stuart Percy, Joffrey Lupul
3. Sabres – Tyler Myers, Nikita Zadorov, Marcus Foligno
4. Blue Jackets – Jack Johnson, James Wisniewski, Fedor Tyutin, Boone Jenner, Artem Anisimov
5. Sharks – Matt Irwin, Brenden Dillon, Justin Braun, Mirco Mueller
- Evan Peaslee of Sportsnet: Elliotte Friedman reported that the Predators are interested in Sabres Chris Stewart. Stewart is a pending UFA and is making $4.2 million. He has 14 points in 49 games and is a -23.