- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Sabres Chris Stewart on his name in the rumor mill as the March 2nd trade deadline approaches.
“You can’t buy into it,” said Stewart, who had five goals and four assists in 35 games and responded positively to being a healthy scratch on Dec. 9. “You end up on an emotional roller-coaster. You just put it behind you and every day is a new day and you just come to the rink and worry about that.”
- Don Brennon: Chris Stewart on trade rumors: “It’s a new team every day. I’ve learned to put it behind me, be professional about it, go game by game.”
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review: The Penguins are looking to acquire a top-six winger before the trade deadline and they could turn to an ex-Pen: Jaromir Jagr. The Devils are struggling and Jagr said he could be open to a trade.
“I have no problem with anything,” Jagr said. “It’s up to (Devils general manager) Lou (Lamoriello). He knows me. I know him. I’ve got no problem with (being traded). If he wants to move me, he will. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. He knows I like it here, but it’s all about whatever is best for the team.”
- Lou Korac: The Blues putting Magnus Paajarvi on waivers likely means they will keep three goalies for the time being. Opens a roster spot to keep Martin Brodeur when Brian Elliott returns.
- Mark Spector: Not a chance that the Oilers claim Magnus Paajarvi.
- Jim Matheson: Bet the Hurricanes put a claim on Paajarvi. He has an affordable contract and is only 23.
- Sam Carchidi: The Flyers have no interest in claiming Dany Heatley off waivers.
- Jason Gregor: By the Oilers trading for Derek Roy and not claiming him on waivers, they are able to trade him at the deadline if they want.