- Toronto Sun: Martin Brodeur may be out the New Jersey Devils lineup for 2 weeks. After re-aggravating his bruised elbow on Thursday versus the Maple Leafs, doctors have told him to rest if for 10 days. An MRI was done on Friday and came back negative.
- George Richards via twitter: Stephen Weiss injured his ankle again and will miss Monday’s game versus the Penguins.
- Curtis Zupke of the OC Register: Teemu Selanne rested yesterday and will miss today’s game as well with a sore groin. He has been bothered by it for 4 or 5 days, and re-aggravated it on Friday.
- Steven Harris of the Boston Globe: Marc Savard skated with the Bruin teammates yesterday. He hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but this is a big step in his recovery from post concussion syndrome. Savard also commented on Colin Campbell’s emails,
“I have nothing against (Campbell). I think that stuff was private stuff and I think that stuff that he was saying (in the e-mails) got interpreted in a bad way,” Savard said. “It had nothing to do with the (Matt) Cooke incident. I played for (Campbell with the Rangers), and I think that was one of the ways when I first came in the league to stay in the lineup was to draw penalties. I think he encouraged it at the time, if you asked him. So I think that’s what he was referring to, but it had nothing to do with the Cooke situation.”
- Globe and Mail: Ryan Miller missed last night’s game with a sore groin.